This is the surgical cutting of the foreskin of the Hebrew male child. In the tradition of theJews as ordained in the Torah, it is a MUST for every male in the family since it represents the affrirmation and continuity of the covenant between the Almighty and His People, the Israelites, as shown in the following verses from the Torah:
Genesis Chapter 17
1.And when Abram wasninety nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said to him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be perfect.2. And I will make my covenant between me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.3. And Abram fell on his face; and God talked with him, saying,4. As for me, behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.5. Neither shall your name any more be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made you.6. And I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come out of you.
7. And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your seed after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God to you, and to your seed after you.8. And I will give to you, and to your seed after you, the land where you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.9. And God said to Abraham, You shall keep my covenant therefore, you, and your seed after you in their generations.
10. This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your seed after you; Every male child among you shall be circumcised.11. And you shall circumcisethe flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you.12. And he who is eight days oldshall be circumcised among you, every male child in your generations, he who is born in the house, or bought with money from any stranger, who is not of your seed.13. He who is born in your house, and he who is bought with your money, must be circumcised; and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.14. And the uncircumcised male child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hasbroken my covenant.
15. And God said to Abraham, As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.16. And I will bless her, and give you a son also of her; and I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.17. Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born to him who is a hundred years old? and shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear?18. And Abraham said to God, O that Ishmael might live in your presence!
19. And God said, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son indeed; and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.20. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you; Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he father, and I will make him a great nation.21. But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time in the next year.22. And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.
23. And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all who were born in his house, and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the same day, as God had said to him.24. And Abraham was ninety years old and nine, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.25. And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.26. In the same day was Abraham circumcised, and Ishmael his son.27. And all the men of his house, born in the house, and bought with money from the stranger, were circumcised with him.
The word circumcision and/or circumcise is never mentioned in the Quran. It is not one of the obligatory and necessary acts for the followers of Muhammad. Even in the Ahadith, this act is debated as to its ordinance or its obligation both in time and in action. The reason is because this was not part of any covenant between God and Abraham regarding his son Ishmael from whom the Arabs allege they are descended.
Muhammad who considered Abraham as the prime exemplar of a true Muslim(believing in and obeying the One and Only God) - the same, who unceasingly extolled the virtues of the first Muslim - ignored the most important term in the covenant between Godand Abraham, that of circumcision as shown above.
*** Of course the reason is both simple and practical; neither Muhammad nor most of his followers were circumcised and it would have been excruciatingly painful to have this operation conducted on fully grown men and most probably would also have been unacceptable to them ***
Fiqh-us-Sunnah Fiqh 1.21a
Circumcision prevents dirt from getting on one’s penis, and also makes it easy to keep it clean. For women, it involves cutting the outer portion of the clitoris.Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allah said, “Ibrahimcircumcised himself after he was eighty years old.” (Related by al-Bukhari.) Many scholars say that it is obligatory. The Shaf’iyyah maintains that it should be done on the seventh day. Says ash-Shaukani,“There is nothing that states explicitly its time or indicates that it is obligatory.”
*** The Bible ordains the 8th day and NOT the wrong number of the Seventh day as in the Ahadith ***
Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.575Narrated byAbu Huraira
Allah’s Apostle said, “Abraham did his circumcision with an adze at the age of eighty.”
*** Muhammad and his 'learned' followers are obviously very wrong
– as usual - when they assert that Abraham was 80 years oldwhen he circumcised himself.
Genesis 17: 24. And Abraham was ninety years old and nine, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.***
Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 7.779Narrated byAbu Huraira
I heard the Prophet saying. "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustaches short, clipping the nails, and depilating the hair of the armpits."
Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.312Narrated byAbu Huraira
The Prophet said "Five things are in accordance with Al Fitra (i.e. the tradition of prophets): to be circumcised, to shave the pelvic region, to pull out the hair of the armpits, to cut short the moustaches, and to clip the nails."
Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.313Narrated byAbu Huraira
Allah's Apostle said "The Prophet Abraham circumcised himself after he had passed the age of eighty years and he circumcised himself with an adze."
Narrated Said bin Jubair: Ibn 'Abbas was asked, "How old were you when the Prophet died?" He replied. "At that time I had been circumcised." At that time, people did not circumcise the boys till they attained the age of puberty. Sa'id bin Jubair said, "Ibn 'Abbas said, 'When the Prophet died, I had already been circumcised.' "
Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 382Narrated byAbuAyyub
Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: There are four characteristics (which may be called) the Sunnahs (the practices) of the messengers of Allah: Modesty, but some say, circumcision, the use of perfume, miswak and marriage.
Sunan of Abu-DawoodHadith 5251Narrated byUmm Atiyyah al-Ansariyyah
A woman used to perform (female) circumcision in Medina. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to her: Do not cut severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband.
*** MuhammadCOPIED this - like almost every other religious, judical and moral tradition of value - from the Jewsand incorporated it into his Cultic Belief System ***