Son of God:-
3: 42 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary [Miriam]! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee; chosen thee above the women of all nations.
# Mary [Miriam] the mother of Jesus was unique, in that she gave birth to a son by a special miracle, without the intervention of the customary physical means. This of course does not mean that she was more than human, any more than that her son was more than human. She had as much need to pray to Allah as anyone else. The Christian dogma, in all sects except the Unitarian, holds that Jesus was God and the son of God. The worship of Mary became the practice in the Roman Catholic Church, which calls Mary the Mother of God. This seems to have been endorsed by the Council of Ephesus in 431, in the century before Muhammad was born to sweep way the corruptions of the Church of Christ. For 'alamin as meaning all nations, see iii. 96, n. 423#
*** The translator has deliberately used the name MARY, for the mother of Jesus, when actually in the Arabic of the Quran it is written as MIRIAM ***
5: 75 Christ the son of Mary [Miriam] was no more than an Apostle; many were the Apostles that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth makes His Signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!
#783 She never claimed that she was a mother of God, or that her son was God. She was a pious virtuous woman#
*** When Jesus was borne and during his lifetime, he was NOT known as the Messiah or CHRIST. These attributes were bestowed upon him by his followers much later after his death.
The title given to him by the Quran as above, is of course WRONG both theologically and historically ***
23: 91 No son did Allah beget nor is there any god along with Him: (if there were many gods) behold each god would have taken away what he had created and some would have lorded it over others! Glory to Allah (He is free) from the (sort of) things they attribute to Him!
#2931 Cf. xvii. 42. The multiplicity of gods is intellectually indefensible, considering the unity of Design and Purpose in His wonderful Universe#
39:4 Had Allah wished to take to Himself a son He could have chosen whom He pleased out of those whom He doth create: but Glory be to Him! (He is above such things.) He is Allah the One the Irresistible.
43: 57 When (Jesus) the son of Mary [Miriam] is held up as an example behold thy people raise a clamor thereat (in ridicule)! 58 And they say " Are Our gods best or He?" This they set forth to thee only by way of disputation: yea they are a contentious people.
#4659 Jesus was a man, and a prophet to the Children of Israel, "though his own received him not." Some of the churches that were founded after him worshipped him as "God" and as "the son of God", as do the Trinitarian churches to the present day. The orthodox churches did so in the time of the holy Prophet. When the doctrine of Unity was renewed, and the false worship of others besides Allah was strictly prohibited, all false gods were condemned, e.g., at xxi. 98.
The pagan Arabs looked upon Jesus as being in the same category as their false gods, and could not see why a foreign cult, or a foreign god, as they viewed him, should be considered better than their own gods or idols. There was no substance in this, but mere mockery, and verbal quibbling. Jesus was one of the greater prophets: he was not a god, nor was he responsible for the quibbling subtleties of the Athanasian Creed#
*** The Pagan Arabs did not have the knowledge of the New Testament to make the 'intellectual and religious' evaluations and comparisons asserted at by the translator.
Contrary to the translator's deliberately misleading remarks, they were most certainly very illiterate, unlearned and ignorant of previous revelations to make such conclusions ***
66: 12 And Mary [Miriam] the daughter of `Imran who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into her (body) of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations and was one of the devout (Servants).
#5551 'Imran was traditionally the name of the father of Mary the mother of Jesus: see n. 375 to iii. 35. She was one of the purest of women, though the Jews accused her falsely of unchastity: cf. xix. 27-28.
*** The translator is deliberately and knowingly deceiving the reader since Mary's father's name is NOT MENTIONED in the Gospels and hence most assuredly was not called Imran ***
5552 Cf. xxi. 91. As a virgin she gave birth to Jesus: xix. 16-29. In xxxii. 9, it is said of Adam's progeny, man, that Allah "fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit". In xv. 29, similar words are used with reference to Adam. The virgin birth should not therefore be supposed to imply that Allah was the father of Jesus in the sense in which Greek mythology makes Zeus the father of Apollo by Latona or of Minos by Europa. And yet that is the doctrine to which the Christian idea of "the only begotten Son of God" leads#
*** I would like the readers to ponder the following observations:
1. The translator deliberately used the name MARY, for the mother of Jesus, when actually in the Arabic of the Quran it is written as MIRIAM.
2. This purposeful misrepresentation and falsification is used to cover up the fact that the Quran actually mixed up MIRIAM, the sister of Moses and Aaron(c.1450 BCE) with Mary the mother of Jesus (c.1 CE).
3. Such an incredible error, which totally contradicts BOTH the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament could not possibly have been 'revealed' to Muhammad by any infallible Divinity or by the angel Gabriel.
4. Jesus was not a prophet to the Children of Israel because he existed in the days of the Judean Monarchy, almost 1000 years later.
5. The story of Mary and the birth of Jesus are completely diffrent in the Quran from their original in the Gospels.
6. Jesus was NEVER called 'Christ son of Mary' as the Quran ERRONEOUSLY asserts.
7. It is very clear - based on the traslator's use of a plethora of references - that he had studied the New Testament very well but none the less, could not help himself but attempt to deceive and mislead the readers with his mendacities and perversion of history and religion so that he would cover up the glaring incosistencies between the versions of events in the Quran vis a vis their ORIGINALS in the New Testament.
8. It is INCONCEIVABLE and IMPOSSIBLE that the angel Gabriel could have 'revealed' such LIES, MENDACITIES, THEOLOGICAL and HISTORICAL contortions as the messenger of ANY kind of an ALL KNOWING DIVINITY ***